Saturday, May 21, 2011

The Garage Sale

Some of our really good friends and neighbors sold their house. So with all the packing, came a lot of stuff that they also wanted to get rid of.

So what better way to do that, than to have a garage sale.

We joined in with them and another family... and it was a blast.

Joshua slept till pretty late, but when he woke up.. he was all into it... he even priced himself.


Make Offer?   PRICELESS.


He priced Daddy too.. and me. We were all for sale. Luckily, no one bought us.

It was a great time though. Normally I dread Garage Sales.. but with good friends and some laughs, I really didn't mind having to get up at the crack of dawn on a Saturday. The only sad part was to see them getting rid of some of the things that made their house a home. I know soon they will have a new home.. with new things...  but you know...  it's the end of a chapter.. and a beginning of a new one.

Joshua is going to be so upset when he realizes they are gone. It's going to be hard on all of us, but I know they will be happy, and I know they will have what they truly want.   Someday.. hopefully.. John and I will be able to do the same thing.... and move.

1 comment:

  1. Hahaha!!! I dread garage sales, in fact I think I have only ever participated in 1. And, that one wasn't at my house. But, I do need to have one too. I just can't stand the keep the junk long enough to have one. It's just so much easier to donate it. :) Looks like a very fun garage sale though!

    ReplyDelete