Thursday, June 9, 2011

The Mama's Boy

Some days I want to pull my hair out.

I love my son, but I just want a break.

Every mother has the days....


Joshua is not a great kid. He is smart, bright, and everything I hoped for in a little boy. However, he is attached to only one parent.... Me.

He loves his father dearly. With all his heart. Looks up to him. Wants to do everything he is doing.

But nothing can ever comfort a little boy like his mama.

Which means....  I am the one who has to change the diapers. I am the one who has to get him dressed in the mornings. I get up in the middle of the night to put him back into bed. Daddy cannot hand him his cup.. Mommy has to. 

"Mommy... Mommy... Mommy!!!!" 

Sometimes I think to myself... "why me?"

"Why not John?"


He ALWAYS has to help in the Kitchen.

I will clarify that John does in fact help me with all the things listed above. It's just that Joshua whines and cries about it. So, yes John does change diapers, but I have to stand there to hold Joshua's hand. If John gives Joshua a bath.. I have to stand behind him. 

It's exhausting to never get a break.


John always reminds me.. "One day he won't want anything to do with us and you will be wishing for these days again."

That may be true.

But in the mean time.. I am selfish. I want to take a bath in peace. I want to be able to go to the bathroom without a two (almost three) year old sitting in my lap. I just want a little privacy mainly... and five minutes to sit down to read the mail.

I love him more than anything in the world.

But I wish he would love to spread more of the love equally between his father and I.


He never falls asleep like this!! I love him so much!!


No comments:

Post a Comment