- 1 3/4 pounds carrots, peeled and chopped ( I actually used canned carrots.. its all I had)
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup margarine, softened
- 2 teaspoons confectioners' sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a large pot of boiling water, cook the carrots until very tender. Drain, and transfer to a large mixing bowl.
- While carrots are warm, use an electric mixer to beat with sugar, baking powder, and vanilla extract until smooth. Mix in the flour, eggs, and margarine. Transfer to a 2 quart baking dish.
- Bake 1 hour in the preheated oven, or until top is golden brown. Sprinkle lightly with confectioners' sugar before serving.
Joshua helped me with this.. he did a great job and it turned out wonderful!!