Saturday, September 3, 2011

The Day of No Labor

Our Labor day came a little early this year. We celebrated on Saturday...   on Monday (the actual holiday) I worked my butt off cleaning house and trying to get laundry done.

Saturday was great though. My brother Ryan and his girlfriend Mandi prepared a wonderful feast for family and friends.  (She makes the best macaroni salad in the world!!) So I kicked my feet up, and enjoyed the time with everyone, while being so grateful that Joshua had cousins to keep him entertained.

Until...  this walked in...





Yes.. him and his cousins decided to go outside and play in the rain. They thought it was a great idea.. never mind the 25 mph wind.. or the freezing rain. 

"It was fun mama."

So we took a warm bath and got him into his ridiculous pajamas with the feet. (It's still too hot to really be wearing them)   ... but the kids did have fun. A lot of fun.






Hannah and Joshua



Joshua and Austin



Cyan



Cyan is almost one!! I can't believe it. I am so excited about her birthday though, they are going to make it sort of a garden party.. and I am thrilled. I love girly stuff.. I love flowers... and I would love to take some pictures of Miss Cyan at a Garden Tea Party.    Can you tell.. I am excited!!!


I love it when my family gets together.. there is so much laughter. There is so much love.  My mom and her sisters are a riot. You can tell how much they love and care for each other.

You have to be sure to listen to them though.. I found this out with Aunt Lucy and a joke about a vibrator that I just agreed to... not knowing what I was saying. Of course, this is what I get for half listening.








The food is all gone.... our bellies are full.....  but it was fun.....




... it was real fun! I hope we can do it again next year.. maybe at Gwen's house? 


Gwen


Look she's smiling.. I take that as a yes!!

Just kidding.

I loved having it at my parents house (even though that wasn't the plan.. thanks to TS Lee!!)  and I wouldn't trade Mandi's cooking for the world. I am so looking forward to next year!!

No comments:

Post a Comment