Sunday, March 25, 2012

Crawfish Boil

The first crawfish boil of the year is always the best.. and this year was no exception. The mud bugs were seriously good... so good that I forgot to take pictures until the end of the boil when all our bellies are full and we are just lounging around waiting for our food to go down.

Yes.. it's good to be the daughter of a crawfish farmer.




See my plate next to John... yummy!! That was my second platter.

and the boiled onions are to die for!








Joshua and Hannah didn't eat the mud bugs, but they got to eat a platter of some delish chicken nuggets in the shape of dinosaurs.  


 


Check out my mom with no hair. She's still pretty!


I love this picture of Uncle Grady pushing Joshua on the swings. Reminds me of when I was little and he use to push Gwen and I on the swings. I spent a lot of weekends at their house growing up... it was my favorite place to go, because they had cable and we didn't... haha... no really I did love spending time with them.



Austin and Little Jimmy being boys.


Big Jimmy and my Dad smoking cigars.


And Uncle Ryan is so cool he wears his sun glasses at night.



This boil reminds me of so many nights when i was little and the spices of the crawfish burned my mouth because they were too spicy.. but I ate them.. because they were good. Then my cousins and I would race around the yard, play barbies in my room, or listen to New Kids on the Block and argue about which New Kid we were going to marry. The grownups would play cards late into the night and carry their sleeping kids to their cars very carefully not to wake them. Yes, life was good.. very good.

It still is... just a new generation of goodness.



1 comment: