Saturday, March 31, 2012

Showering The Bride

Today was a very happy day! I got to be part of a shower in honor of my new sister, Mandi. She is such a blessing and really keeps my brother grounded and whole. They are the perfect match for each other, but polar opposites. He is such a introvert and she is more of a extrovert. She is independent.. he is dependant...  they are night and day.

But, if there is one thing I know for sure it is how much my brother loves this woman. I remember a long time ago my brother was sad and angry with love. We thought he would never get married, never meet anyone.. he would just be bachelor Uncle Ryan forever.

Enter Mandi.

He fell head over heals for her right away. In the first week you could tell he was smitten. He blushed at the sound of her name and smiled when we teased him. He got embarrassed instead of angry. I think even in the first few weeks, he knew.. he knew he wanted to spend forever with her.. he was just scared of being hurt.

It took him two years to gather up the courage to ask her to marry him, and when he did ask, plans were made right away... then they changed.. and changed again. Finally, they decided they didn't want to wait anymore so on February 5th, 2012, they got married. The only people present were them and their preacher.

So this is a little backwards.. married first... two showers later... they will be having a small church wedding with family (so she can wear an awesome dress!) .. and finally a reception with the whole family. Yes.. a little backwards, but it makes total sense because it's what they wanted and that is all that matters.

So today... we have shower #1. The Fabre family shower.




The beautiful Bride...






















































It was a great day and we had lots of fun with the girls! I know the pictures are a tad fuzzy, but I didn't realize until afterwards that Joshua had turned my VR off. Ugh! Even fuzzy though...Mandi is beautiful and we had a great time!!

No comments:

Post a Comment