Friday, August 10, 2012

Heating Up

I swear.. this week it has been 150 degrees outside. I can feel the heat... Joshua cannot.

Hot, Cold, Rain, Snow... he is a outside boy and just wants to be in the fresh air.

I am so glad that he is the outdoorsy type of boy. I love the beach. I love snow. I love cold weather. I love the fall. But other than that... I am an inside kind of girl. I am learning to love the outdoors through Joshua though. He shows me that it can be fun. I may be hot.. I may sweat... my makeup may end up all over the front of my shirt... so I guess it's a good thing I don't wear much makeup.




This is my favorite part of the walk.. where the fence shades everything. For a few seconds I get a relief from the heat... and then we are off again....



Even Garfield knows it's heating up around here. He hides under the bench on the front porch where the concrete is nice and cool.

I totally get him. There were a few times where I wanted to strip down and just lay on the shaded concrete.


Check it out.. even a bike helmet doesn't phase Joshua.

He has gobs of sweat running down his face from the hot helmet... but he knows.. "It's for safety mama, I have to wear it."

He's right.










And the sand box?  Don't even get me started on that.

Hot sweaty little person.. and sand.

There was sand everywhere.... Everywhere.

Whoever invented the sandbox goes on the same list as the person who invented Playdough... the "Shiss List," for lack of a better, more inventive, word.





I am so glad we are round the last month of summer. Hello September. I love you October. Marry me November. Have my baby December.... and January... oh January.. 

Who else is ready to get out of this Sauna of a summer?



 

No comments:

Post a Comment