Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Budgeting

Yes, we are officially becoming a frugal family... for a while.

This means I must give up my monthly Coach purse runs.... eating out... and not utter the words "Toys R Us."

I am coupon clipping.. and menu planning.

Want to see what I have been up to?




This is what we are having for the next month. Don't judge.. we love hamburger and tuna helper. The Ravioli is the gourmet frozen kind that I found on sale for $2.50 a bag. And yes... some of this is homemade.. and other stuff is store bought. With a busy family.... I need some easy nights.

I was trying to stay under $200 a month for food, fruits, veggies, shampoo, deodorant and any other toiletry items.  I made it!! I came in at $174 and some change. So I have money left over for a few gallons of milk a week that I can run into Walgreen's and pick up.

So happy... so very happy.

Now... how to keep the little one from eating it all at once.... no kidding.. he had like 5 snacks yesterday because he was so excited to see a full fridge.



Besides that I have been...

busy cleaning the house and getting it back into order since my company left.

trying to figure out what to do with all the leftover birthday supplies.

cleaning Joshua's room out to make room for new toys.

Laundry, Laundry, Laundry.

and.. my newest obsession and biggest problem that keeps me from attempting the above items.. or blogging...


Watching the Olympics.

I am obsessed.. is anyone else?

2 comments:

  1. I love couponing to. BUT i am not a crazy couponer! lol. and meal planning is a life saver!! its nice to see what you have in the pantry!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha.. those crazy couponers.. are Crazy!! They don't offer super great deals anywhere around here (like double and triple coupons), so it's not really worth it. I just clip the things we do use, and pray there is a good sale. But yes.. I am loving this meal planning.. takes so much stress away.

      Delete