Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Toasting Tuesdays

Toasting Tuesdays


Because everyone needs to be able to cook more than just toast.


Ok.. So I have Seven on Sundays.. (which yes, I know I am behind. I have the pictures, just not the time).. and I am going to take on a new challenge of posting a family favorite recipe.


When I started out cooking, I was horrible. Ask my husband.... or my brother.. But really.. yes I burned Mac and Cheese.. I burnt.. GASP.. Toast!!


Ummm.. truth be told.. I still burn toast... I burnt Joshua's pop tart this morning. In my defense though, someone keeps turning the dial on the toaster all the way to the right which means... CRISPY!! But in my attempt to get better, learn, and have a place to store my favorite recipes... here is my first one...


Crock Pot Beef Stroganoff




Stew beef
1 pkg. Lipton onion soup mix
1 can cream of celery soup
1 can cream of mushroom soup
Sliced mushrooms (optional)
1 c. water
8 oz. sour cream
Egg noodles

Brown stew beef in skillet. Place in crock pot with soups, onion soup mix, water, and mushrooms. Cook 6-8 hours on low. One-half hour before serving, add sour cream to mixture. Serve over egg noodles.


Easy!! I add a few secret items too.. not really.. just all purpose seasoning. Love that stuff!


It's so great though.. and cheap! Stew beef is normally only a dollar or two. And the rest of the items are normal staples in my household.. so I am good to go.


Yummmmmm...... This is sad.... I'm hungry now.. and I am stuck with a corn dog at the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment